- RSS Channel Showcase 5793141
- RSS Channel Showcase 5425752
- RSS Channel Showcase 1046541
- RSS Channel Showcase 5630386
Articles on this Page
- 10/28/13--08:00: _EDITH HEAD – FASHIO...
- 10/28/13--09:00: _Edith Head, who was...
- 12/06/13--06:00: _Vickie Lester’s gre...
- 08/21/14--08:30: _Hollywood Kitchens
- 08/30/14--11:02: _Noel Coward on Vulg...
- 09/24/15--07:00: _Car culture and the...
- 04/13/16--08:00: _“Every age can be e...
- 04/14/16--08:00: _“You often meet you...
- 04/19/16--08:00: _“What I look for in...
- 04/24/16--16:10: _Catherine Deneuve, ...
- 10/28/13--08:00: EDITH HEAD – FASHION FOR THE STARS
- 12/06/13--06:00: Vickie Lester’s greatest hits — THE INESTIMABLE – PAUL NEWMAN
- 08/21/14--08:30: Hollywood Kitchens
- 08/30/14--11:02: Noel Coward on Vulgar Curiosity, Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons
- 04/24/16--16:10: Catherine Deneuve, and her sister Françoise Dorléac
From left to right – Model, Orry Kelly, Bernard Newman, Travis Banton, Edith Head, Adrian, and Irene. With model showing evening gown, 1955: Edith at bat 1957: A fashion show from the “Think Pink” sequence at the premiere of “Funny Face” – model Ginni Adams with Edith Head: Dressing Debbie Reynolds for a benefit, 1960: Hosting a charity event at her home, Casa Ladera, 1967: With Tony Curtis, Anne Baxter and Omar Shariff, 1967: At the Costume Designers Ball with […]
edith-head-greer-garson-1969-costume-designers-guild-ballvickielesterOrry Kelly, Bernard Newman, Travis Banton, Edith Head, Adrian and Irene1955edith head at bat 19571957 Edith Head and model Ginni Adams "Think Pink" for premiere "Funny Face"Edith Head Debbie Reynolds Benefit 1960edith head casa ladera 1967Tony Curtis Edith Head Anne Baxter Omar Sharif 1967edith-head-greer-garson-1969-costume-designers-guild-ball
Even Google got into the act today with Miss Edith’s birthday: They lived in a wonderful house called, Casa Ladera…
edith-head-casa-ladera-1967vickielesterScreen Shot 2013-10-28 at 8.09.48 AMCasa Ladera 2Casa Ladera 1
Here’s the deal, I only saw Mr. Newman on film sets and in elevators. He was about the same age as my dad, quite a bit younger than my uncle – so, as a kid I just categorized him as “old”. My dad, well, I don’t suppose there was a time he could be considered hip, my uncle… maybe a long time ago. However, Paul Newman, even to a child was the epitome of cool. And, beyond cool, he was […]
vickielesterAging Paul NewmanPaul NewmanPaul and Joanne hunting for books
Kitchens – this one is from a Pasadena estate and was designed by Wallace Neff: A cheerful California kitchen from 1938: And here’s one you might recognize from “My Man Godfrey”:
vickielesterwallace neff kitchen 1930kitchen art streib 1938movie kitchen my man godfrey
… But during the last few years this has become increasingly difficult owing to the misguided encouragement of a new form of social parasite, the gossip columnist. This curious phenomenon has insinuated itself itself into the lifestream not only of Hollywood but the whole of America, and what began as a minor form of local, social and professional scandalmongering has now developed into a major espionage system the power of which, aided and abetted by radio, has reached fabulous proportions… […]
vickielestersophia loren hedda hopper unidentified clifton webb louella parsonsHedda and Louella
1949 – Van de Kamps Bakery and Drive-In: 1939 – Simon’s:
vickielestervan de kamps bakery drive-in 1949simons drive-in 1939
vickielesterAnnex - Bardot, Brigitte_27
vickielesterAmerican actress Goldie Hawn posing in a short pale green dress, mid 1960s. (Photo by Terry O'Neill)
vickielesterAnnex - Andress, Ursula_15
vickielesterAnnex - Deneuve, Catherine_01m_167728768_0